These material are compiled for helping junior / senior software engineers and others.
1. The main attributes of a Component Interface (CI) are?
Keys, Properties & Collections, Methods and Name
2. Which one of the following are standard properties when a Component Interface (CI) is created?
3. With reference to the Component Interface Tester which of the following is NOT TRUE?
GetExisting option is equivalent to opening a record in Update/Display Mode only
4. Which of the following are TRUE when a Component Interface (CI) is created on component that has Add action enabled?
Get keys, Create keys and Find keys gets created automaticallyThe Create method is created alongwith the other Standard methods for the CI
5. Which of the following can be mapped as Find Keys for a Component Interface ?
A OR b
6. Which of the following is NOT TRUE in Component Interface (CI) Architecture?
A component interface can be mapped to multiple PeopleSoft components
7. The following are various steps that describes the peoplecode logic while implementing a Component Interface?
1.Establish a user session
2.Get the Component Interface
3.pulate the Create Keys
4.eate an Instance of the CI
5.pulate the required fields
6. Save the CI
8. Will Tuxedo continue to be used in a PeopleSoft/WebSphere or PeopleSoft/WebLogic environment?
Yes. WebSphere or WebLogic are used as the HTTP server and servlet engine. They are not used as middleware with the PeopleSoft Application Server. Tuxedo is always used with PIA,
regardless of the HTTP server or Java servlet engine.
9. Can a PeopleTools 8.4 and a PeopleTools 8.1x database run on the same machine?
Yes, databases can co-exist on the same physical machine. In most cases, thedatabases themselves can exist within the same RDBMS, however, it isimportant to verify that the database version required by PeopleTools 8.4 is thesame as for the current PeopleTools 8.1x implementation.
10. Can a PeopleTools 8.4 and a PeopleTools 8.1xapplication server run on the same machine?
Yes, both PeopleTools 8.4 and PeopleTools 8.1x application servers can run ona single machine. It is important to ensure that there are no port clashes between the installations.
11. How does the PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal workwith 8.1x and 8.4 applications?
There are several scenarios that may exist when customers use the PeopleSoftEnterprise Portal with a mixture of 8.1x and 8.4 applications. Specificinformation on the use of the PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal in a blendedenvironment will be available in a forthcoming white paper, which will beavailable on Customer
Connection.In general, the recommendation is to use the PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal 8.4with 8.1x and 8.4 applications, rather than an older version.
12. For the servlet layer on the web server, what version of the Java Servlet API are the PIA Java Servlets coded to with PeopleTools 8.4?
The PIA Java servlets in PeopleTools 8.4 are coded to JavaSoft's Java Servlet API 2.0 and are fully compatible with Servlet API 2.2. It should be noted that the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture
is supported only on the BEA WebLogic and WebSphere servlet engines.
13. IBM How should Web Application Servers be usedwith PeopleTools 8.1x and PeopleTools 8.4?
The PeopleSoft Internet Architecture uses a web application server and anHTTP server. PeopleTools 8.12 and above include both BEA WebLogic andApache with Jserv. With PeopleTools 8.4, both BEA WebLogic and IBMWebSphere are bundled. Apache with Jserv is no longer a supported webapplication server combination. Customers can choose which web applicationserver to run during installation time.In a mixed PeopleTools 8.1x and 8.4 environment, each PeopleTools installationshould have their own chain of web application server and application server,PeopleSoft Proprietary and Confidential Page 5and these can be on the same machine. For example, a PeopleTools 8.1xinstallation using Apache and Jserv could reside on the same machine as aPeopleTools 8.4
installation using IBM WebSphere. Care should be taken toensure that unique port numbers are assigned to each server chain.
14. Why did PeopleSoft bundle IBM WebSphere Advanced Single Server Edition rather than Advanced Edition?
The Advanced Single Server Edition (AEs) of WebSphere provides the same core J2EE and Web Services programming model as the Advanced Edition (AE) with simplified administration. In the AE
version WebSphere uses DB2 or other standard database to keep the configuration and runtime information to support very large farm of WebSphere servers. However, it is one more database to
install, administer and maintain. The AEs version does not use the database and uses file based configuration in a way that is similar to BEA WebLogic. PeopleSoft and IBM WebSphere architects determined that AEs version would satisfy the deployment requirements of PeopleSoft customers and would make it easy for owning and administering PeopleSoft Applications based
15. Will the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture, now that it embeds BEA WebLogic and IBM WebSphere, work with my other corporate web servers and tools?
One of the core values of the PeopleTools development group is investment protection. The time, money and resources that you may have already invested in licensing another web server, training developers and administrators, building and deploying other web applications will not be compromised by this decision. How is this accomplished
16. Is BEA WebLogic the same thing as the web server that was previously on the Tuxedo CD?
No. The web server that was delivered on the Tuxedo CD has absolutely nothing to do with WebLogic. WebLogic is a web application server that is designed for large-scale production
websites. The HTTP server on the Tuxedo CD was only there to provide a mechanism for launching the graphical Tuxedo administration console if the Tuxedo administrator didn't already
have a web server in place. It was never intended for large-scale, production website use only for a system adminis trator or two.
17. Are disconnected mobile applications supportedin PeopleTools 8.1x?
No. The PeopleSoft Mobile Agent architecture, which is used to supportdisconnected mobile applications, is only available in PeopleTools 8.4. ThePeopleSoft Mobile Agent is dependent upon certain core technologies that werespecifically developed for PeopleTools 8.4.
18. Is WebSphere certified on PeopleTools 8.1x?
No. IBM WebSphere is certified on PeopleTools 8.4 only.
Customer wishing to use IBM WebSphere with PeopleTools 8.1x may take advantage of an IBM WebSphere for early adopters program, created and managed by IBM. Further information about
this program can be found in the whitepaper The IBM WebSphere 8.1x Early Adopter Program.
Are there additional license requirements for IBM WebSphere
19. Are there advantages or disadvantages to using BEA WebLogic over IBM WebSphere or vice versa?
No. Both products are certified with PIA as of version 8.4 and work equally well. By offering both BEA WebLogic and IBM WebSphere, we give our customers more choices and flexibility to run PeopleSoft in their preferred environment.
20. Is web server load balancing supported with PeopleTools 8.4?
Customers can set up clusters of BEA WebLogic or IBM WebSphere servers to do web server load balancing. In such scenarios, if an instance is down, requests are automatically routed to another instance. For more information on high availability and clustering with WebLogic, WebSphere and other web servers.
21. Both BEA WebLogic and IBM WebSphere have the ability to plug into many different web servers. Does PeopleSoft support the web servers that they plug into?
BEA and IBM provide plug-ins for many of the leading web servers. This allows the customer to use their own HTTP web server and WebLogics or WebSpheres Java servlet engine. PeopleSoft uses this plug-in capability to support IIS. We have no reason to believe that there will be any issues with other web servers that WebLogic or WebSphere are able to work with through their plug-in architecture, but PeopleSoft GSC will not support these other web servers with PeopleTools 8.4
22. Does Application Messaging work between 8.1xand 8.4 applications?
Application Messaging is used by PeopleSoft applications to communicate withone another. This is true not just for 8.1x and 8.4 applications, but also betweenan 8.1x and an 8.4 application. For example, the HRMS 8.3 applications, whichare based on PeopleTools 8.15, can communicate with Financials
8.4applications, which are based on PeopleTools 8.4, using Application Messaging.If specific issues materialize relating to the Application Messages published bycertain applications, these new messages will be made available to customers.
23. Why is PeopleSoft no longer supporting Apache Jserv?
Apache JServ was a servlet engine that was supported in PeopleTools 8.1x. This support has been removed from PeopleTools 8.4 for several reasons:
v JServ is no longer an active product and is in maintenance mode and there are no longer any new official releases.
v Our customers have exhibited a desire to use commercial products for mission-critical enterprise web application servers rather than open source solutions. Therefore, moving to
support Tomcat is not seen as a reasonable solution.
v Apache can still be used as an HTTP server with BEA WebLogic .
24. What HTTP servers and Java servlet engine combinations are supported with PeopleTools 8.4?
All popular http servers (reverse proxies) are supported. Please refer to the platforms database on Customer Connection for specific information on current certified platforms. You may find this at http://www.peoplesoft.com/corp/en/iou/platforms/index.asp
25. WorkItem is available in?
26. Where are workflow work items found ?
27. In which platform does Crystal and Psnvision works?
28. You want to update your password and enter a hint for forgotten password. What would you access?
29. Question based on changing prompt table, what happens when changing from NO EDIT TO EDIT option?
user can type only prompt table values and the default values gets populated from the database.
30. Customization done in Dev DB, Which tool i will use to move it to Prod DB?
Use App Designer -> Copy DB
31. Your Onsite DBA has called you up and told you that one of the tables PS_ABC_TAO has grown very big in size. Based on the standard naming convention, you have determined that the record is a temporary record since it ends with _TAOYou look into the database and decide that that the data is not required any more. You ask the DBA to delete the data in the table.Next day you get a call from an irritated user who says that a daily process that took only 1 minute to run is taking about 2 hours today. You look into his process and find that it uses PS_ABC_TAO as a temporary table.What would you suggest the DBA to do ?
Update statistics on the table
32. (Some scenario) Question relating DBA Purging Temporary Table?
33. How many Message nodes are possible for a database.?
34. How will you get a single ouptut by combining two or more queries?
35. What BEA product is used for DB transaction in PS?
36. Which one of the following Data Types is NOT supported by the PeopleCode programming environment?
37. What hyperlinks available in PeopleBooks? Some options with different hyperlinks not available in peoplebooks, select the correct one?
Study all hyperlinks in the first page of people books.
38. The example below demonstrates the use of SQR flags in the configuration manager directories folder: -F C:PSHrmsSqrWhat do the above SQR flags signify to the SQR Report Writer upon execution?
Specifies the output path
39. When a business requirement in Fit/Gap Analysis does not meet by PeopleSoft then?
Some options:1. Customize PS application (Yes)2. Buy third party software (Yes)3. Call PS Development Center for Enhancement (Yes)
40. What are the status available in PeopleSoft Domain Status Menu?
Server, Client and Queue Status
41. Which of the following are part of an AE program ?
Section ,Step and Action
42. Which of the following fires after the database is updated?
43. What event gets fired after DB Update?
44. For downloading patches and fixes , you have gone to the customer connection and looking under 8 april, 2000 and see Report IDS like R-CCHEN-VP14JM. What does R stand for ?
45. In which one of the following views would you see the fields, criteria, and other details associated with the current query?
46. PeopleSoft tracks object changes using a system table. Which PeopleTools System table is used to track object changes?
47. PeopleSoft has its own naming convention for system and non-system (application) tables. In the list below, RECORDNAME refers to the name of any table or record.Referring to the above information, which one of the following identifies the naming convention PeopleSoft uses for system tables?
48. Which process is used for running AE programs which are to be run at a frequency of less than a day ?
49. you can specifically trace the activity of the PSAPPSRV server process by setting the?
50. Which of the following is correct in order to start the Process Scheduler Server from the command line using psadmin.?
Psadmin p start d
51. In the following url http://localhost/Peoplesoft/EMPLOYEE/PSFT_HR/c/PROCESS_SCHEDULER.PRCSTYPEDEFN.GBLwhich one is the component
52. I have created a Menu and a Page and given user access to that page, which of the tables gets affected on this (Scenario)?
53. You are a PeopleSoft Partner and wish to get information on database performance benchmark ( or something like this)Where would you look for the info ?
PeopleSoft Knowledge base
SYSAUDIT finds for
54. Which RDBMS uses Tablespace?
Oracle, DB2, Other Options: SQL Server, Informix, Sybase
55. Changing Prompt Table with NO Edit to Prompt Table with Edit?
Only selection of existing data is possible
56. Which command is valid in both bootstrap and regular mode when operating the data mover?
57. PeopleCode events pertaining to Record Field:?
FieldEdit, SaveEdit and RowDelete
58. Which of the following are Record field events ?
FieldChangeSearchSave and SavePreChange
59. Which of the following commands can be run in Bootstrap mode?
60. What commands are valid in BS mode?
61. What views available in Application Designer project workspace?
Development and Upgrade
62. Which of the above record definitions is NOT stored on the database and is therefore NOT required to be built?
63. You have downloaded an Application fix as a project from the customer connection. Whrere would you upgrade it to ?
64. PS Query definition is stored on which server?
65. How do you login into BS mode?
DB Access Id
66. If you want to log into DataMover in Bootstrap mode, you would login as..?
67. What is added as new option in Build apart from Create Tables, Indexes, Views?
68. Where will you configure for failover of Application Server (Scenario) -?
69. Which one of the following is a trasaction control statement ..?
70. What Record Changes does not affect Database?
Change in List box in Record Field properties (correct)
71. Which one of the following steps is NOT part of performing an upgrade?
Apply all outstanding patches, prior to upgrade
72. Update and Fixes: R-* files refers to?
Application Updates and Fixes
73. How do you set up table-sharing in PeopleTools applications?
Add the field, SETID, as a key field to each table you want to share, and then define the set control field. PeopleSoft reserves ALL Message Sets (in Utilities, Message Catalog) up to which number?
74. What is the default Crystal Report that PeopleSoft Query tool creates?
75. (Some scenario) Find which is not part of AE Program, Options would be?
76. Which of the following are true with respect to validate signon with database option enabled in psadmin.?
1. The application server first attempts to connect to database using the user id and password as part of the database connection string.
2. User must be defined on either the operating system or the database and within the PeopleSoft.
77. Which of the Following are true for force Shutdown In PeopleSoft Domain Shutdown menu?
1. shuts down the domain using the tmshutdown -k TERM -c command.
2. A forced shutdown is a non-quiescent shutdown that immediately terminates all the processes
78. After logging into customer connection, you wish to search for fixes/patches. What are the search criterias available ?
1. Report ID
2. Date / time
79. What are the Search Keys you use to find Patches and Fixes?
2. Updated date time
3. Report Id
80. Which one of the following tree types is NOT supported in the PeopleSoft tree manager? -
1. Query trees
2. Combination trees
81. Which Web Services is only used as a Proxy Server?
1. MS IIS
82. In PeopleCode Debugger what are the valid values?
2. Step Over
3. View Variable Value
83. Select the components which form the part of Integration Broker?
1. File Layout
3. app. Messaging
84. what are the views available in App. Designer project workspace(multiple answer)?
85. What are Menu types available?
86. Database Connectivity Drivers should be installed in the following System?
1. Client Workstation in two tier mode (Yes)
2. App Server (Yes)
3. Batch Server (Yes)
4. Data Mover (Yes)
87. Where do you need to install connectivity software?
1. batch server
2. App server
3. two tier client
88. What are the People Tools available for Integration Broker?
1. Appl. Messaging
2. Component Interface
3. File Layout
89. A Customer wants to use a new Image in HRMS, where it is stored?
90. We access pia from mac OS?
91. Which of the following technology is used in app messaging?
92. Which one of the following PeopleCode debugging tools automatically converts values of any data type other than object into string values for viewing during debugging?
93. PIA screens and recognize it?
Where are the work items presentWorkilist
94. Where do u set the web server cache?
webserver configuration.properties file
95. Your company obtained the newest Application Release of PeopleSoft, and you need to prepare for the upgrade. Upon reading the new Release Notes, you notice that changes were made to two COBOL modules (batch programs).You need to decide how to compare the current versions of these COBOL programs with the versions delivered with the new PeopleSoft application release. Which would be the fastest method of comparing these different versions?
Use non-PeopleSoft comparison tools. 5.
96. Can a business Process be used as a Navigator Home page ?
97. The physical, dedicated tables are locked at the time the Application Engine program is loaded into memory?
98. State Record can be Dynamic Record?
99. In Call Section Action it is possible to leave the Program ID with blank Value in certain cases?
100. You can assign multiple databases and application servers to a single profile. But, each database and application server must be assigned to only one profile?
101. The Trace tab in Configuration Manager only traces Windows client (two-tier) interactions?
102. TriggerBusinessEvent is used for triggering the workflow and its written on workflow event. TriggerBusinessEvent has the syntax?
103. The following is an entry from the application reviewer LOG File: start Field=PERSONAL_DATA.EMPLID-RowInit Temps=1 Stack=4 Source=233What does the Source=233 parameter in the above LOG file entry identify?
The statement being executed is line 233 of the PeopleCode program.
Table 1 relates to 0,1 or many records in Table2, Table 2 relates to Table1 as one and only one table.
105. What the following command will do? psadmin -p start -d hrdmo?
Starts a Process Scheduler
106. Which of the Task cannot be done through PSADMIN?
Starting Web Server
107. Activate Event is Valid for following?
Standard & Secondary
108. What is the result of the search with the following criteria in PS Books?
SQL Table OR Field
109. What category of commands can be executed in data mover?
Sql , data mover commands
110. The example below demonstrates the use of SQR flags in the configuration manager directories folder: -F C:PSHrmsSqrWhat do the above SQR flags signify to the SQR Report Writer upon execution?
Specifies the output path
111. The application server dynamically scales server processes according to the volume of transaction requests which is known as?
112. Where do you create the process security groups?
Security Administrator 20
113. What is the event that fires after all database updates are over?
Save post change
114. In which one of the following views would you see the fields, criteria, and other details associated with the current query?
Query view 9
115. From the following statements which one is NOT true about Pub Broker?
Pub Broker is invoked after Pub Contractor Handler evaluates routing rules and writes contract(s)
116. From the following statements which one is NOT true about Pub Broker?
psserver in configuration properties
117. PeopleSoft tracks object changes using a system table. Which PeopleTools System table is used to track object changes?
118. PeopleSoft has its own naming convention for system and non-system (application) tables. In the list below, RECORDNAME refers to the name of any table or record.Referring to the above information, which one of the following identifies the naming convention PeopleSoft uses for system tables?
119. which is a record that PeopleTools adds to every level of the Message Structure during processing?
120. What is the configuration file that contains the entire collection configuration values for a given application server domain?
121. Which command shuts down an application server domain using a forced shutdown method?
psadmin -c shutdown! -d ps800dmo
122. The DB User mentioned in Connect ID should have permission to which Three PeopleSoft Tables?
123. PeopleSoft has its own naming convention for system and non-system (application) tables. In the list below, RECORDNAME refers to the name of any table or record.Referring to the above information, which one of the following identifies the naming convention PeopleSoft uses for non-system(application) tables?
124. The initial values that you see in PSADMIN are derived from the configuration template that you select when you create your domain. Where these templates reside in the system?
PS_HOME/appserv in the Application Server
125. You just finished customization work that involved the creation of many new objects. You must now migrate these objects from your development database (source) to a testing database (target) to conduct more elaborate testing.Referring to the above information, why would adding your objects to a Project
streamline the migration to a new database?
Projects provide the ability to migrate all objects at once or each object type individually. *
126. Which of the following menu options allows you to modify the Last Process Instance Number used within the system?
Process Scheduler, Use, Process Definitions
127. Trace 255 command line option produces the trace file with the name?
128. Where can u see the status of the job report and details in secured way?
129. Non Repudiation property can be set?
PIA-.PeopleTools-> Integration Broker->Node DefinitionApplication Designer->Message ->Properties
130. If you delete a page from PSPT application which all tables are affected ?
131. If u change the long name of translate field what object to be altered?
132. When do configuration changes made using the configuration Manager take effect?
Once you exit PeopleSoft and log back in.
133. Which one of the following is NOT a valid PeopleSoft query type?
Message agent queries
134. Interlink data type can be declared as?
135. The following ApiObject data type objects cant be declared as Global:?
136. PeopleSofts hub to handle complex system-to-system interactions.?
137. Suppose the CEO wants a list of the departments whose MINIMUM salary is greater than $100,000. Your manager asks you to determine the quickest method to deliver this data to the CEO. Since writing an SQR will take too much time, you decide to use PeopleSoft query.Referring to the above, what function
would you use, in combination with the aggregate function "Minimum" to produce the result set required?
HAVING CRITERIA 18.
138. DoSave( ) can be called from one of the following events?
FieldEdit, FieldChange, MenuItemSelected MenuItemSelected, Save Prechange & SavePostChange
139. In which PeopleCode event does ALL data validation take place?
140. Peoplecode attached with Push Button can be associated with which of the following events?
Field Edit, Field Change
141. People Soft allows multiple long fields per State Record?
142. AE does Parse SQL?
143. A PeopleCode program is automatically saved to a file while youre working on it. This checkpoint will NOT occur at which the following times:?
Every 5 Mins
144. We define business rules PeopleCode on?
145. Which of the following record is not found in database?
Derived work record
146. What is the logic used by Component Buffer?
Depth First Algorithm
147. Two Program views of AE Program?
Definition, Program flow
148. You have 3 App. Servers where do you define the Failover.?
149. Query is split into what?
Component and Query view
150. Menu path provides path to?
151. When Auto-join check box is checked what does it mean?
Common key fields
152. What effect would making a change to the EMPLID field in the above project have?
Changes would occur globally; meaning the field is changed everywhere else in the database.
153. An employee is transferred where should he refer in this aspection?
154. What are destructive statements in SQL?
b) Recreate a Table
d) Recreate a View
155. A clients App was 3months behind, what should he do to update the app since it was not working?
b) Apply all Service packs
156. In Two Tier mode where does authentication happens?
157. Worklist for a particular user contains marked worked and reassigned buttons. The reassigned button is set from?
appdesigner -> worklist definition
158. ps application logic reside where?
159. Where do peopletools data is cached?
160. My Asst. Manager approves some document; She uses some screens which presents her with all the data. What she do to minimize the data?
161. You need not create separate DB for every user in PPSFT 8.4 onwards. This is possible because of?
162. File formats for File Layout?
c) fixed length
163. Prompt table with no edit to no edit?
a) user can enter values from prompt table
b) user can enter values from prompt table and default value will be populated
164. Meta-SQL where is it stored?
a) Temp Table
b) SQL Table
c) Query Table
d) Dynamic(Guess: Temp Table, check People books App Engine)
165. What are all stored in System Catalog?
a) SQL table
b) SQL View
166. Process Profile contains?
a) Sequence of processes
b) Sequence of jobs
c) batch processes
167. File format for SQR?
168. People Soft clients wants to get info about PSPT where to find it?
a) Partner Alliance
b) Partner Connection
c) People Soft Connect
d) Portal connect
e) PSU (check)
169. Which of the following are object definitions?
a) Mobile Page
b) File Layout
c) App Engine
170. How do you define the names of the application servers being used to access PeopleSoft?
a) In Configuration Manager, under the Application Servers tab.
171. ER Diagrams represent?
a) Graphical Representation of Business process and Relationsb) Flowchart of tables and Fields
172. Tuning can be done on which servers?
a) Database Server
b) App Server
c) Batch Server
e) Web Server
173. When do u view Business process map?
a) Change in mapping of data
174. A System Manager must approve all the transactions what is this?
a) Business Event
b) A Rule
c) A Role
175. The field mapping button on worklist definition is used for for mapping the fields of worklist record that can be visible on worklist message. We can assign the following type of values to it?
A role name
176. Question Maximum number of Actions in a Step?
177. PSWORKLIST record is used for workflow routing . It should contains minimum of ?
6 keys in Ascending orders
178. SQL Queries on PS_STAFF table?
3 Questions on this table with different queries and results
179. Let us take a Temp Table TMP_TAO.
In People Tools options the following instance settings are done
Temp Table Instances (Total) : 5
Temp Table Instances (Online): 4
In AE1 App Engine Program the instance count to TMP_TAO is 3
In AE2 App Engine Program the instance count to TMP_TAO is 5.
How many instances are created to TMP_TAO ?
180. PeopleCode variables (global, component, local, and parameter), method, and property names can now be up to _______ characters long?
181. PeopleSoft reserves ALL WinHelp context numbers (in Utilities, PeopleTools Options) up to which number?
182. File format u can download query result?
183. Which one of the following tree types is NOT supported in the PeopleSoft tree manager?
1. Query trees
2. Combination trees
184. Where is Unicode used?
1) IBM DB2/UDB
3) SQL Server
185. What is the minimum number of objects an object group can consist of?
186. Use of process profile?
(scenario based on process profile / process group)Server o/p path override , process he can access
PeopleSoft Interview Questions only
- Did u worked with functions, procedures in SQR?
- Performance tuning of SQR?
- How do u decide between appeng/Ci and SQR while conversion?
- Tell me ur experience with CI?
- Diff b/w BI,CI,IB?
- Outer join, inner join in sql?
- Exp in Object oriented prog?
- Normalization in oracle?
- Normalization in oracle?
- Experience in UNix?
- What is the APP engine event in peoplecode.?
- what are the different actions in APP ENGINE.?
- How many temp records are there in app engine.?
- How do you debug your AE.?
- Why temp records are needed?
- Why state records are needed?
- Differences between State and temp records.
- Different ways to run AE, SQR.(Command, process scheduler)
- Different sql statements and metasql statements.
- How do you retrieve a value from scroll..scroll select?
- What is scroll select, etc
- what is record, row peoplecode.
- Data Mover questions.....where did you use etc?
- What are the new features in security in 8.0?
- Differences between role and operator class?
- Load look up in sqr, where did you use?
- What are the diffences between AE and SQR?
- What is component interface, where did you use?
- What is the difference between SaveEdit and FieldEdit?
- What is commitment control?
- Explain the Process flow in Billing, AR, AM. GL, AP, PO etc.
- What is App Reviewer, App Debugger. Differences between them.
- Where do you set Peoplecode trace?
- What are the Outputs of SQR?
- What Chartfieds did you use?
- Diff between chartfield and chart of accounts?
- What are the parameters that you will give for crystal reports?
- what is PSCAMA(Peoplesoft Application messaging attribute)?
- What are the techniques for data transfer?
- What are the various ways to run sqr?
- Explain briefly about compare reports.
- What is paycycle and pay cycle manager?
- Whats customization did you made?
- How do you delete a file using sqr?
- How do you stop sqr, while running using a command in sqr(stop)?
- What are rename, reporting and layout commands, break point etc in sqr?
- What is paycycle and paycycle manager?
- What are the Different types of matching in AP(2,3,4 amd receipt only matching)? Explain them.
- What is the process of setting in peoplecode debugger?
- what is group control in crystals?
- Name some app engines u worked on?
- What are different peoplecode events?
- What are the various peoplecode events.
- How did you apply bundles?
- What is a bundle?
- Diff between instances and servers?
- How did you upgrade your PO?
- How did you apply your patces and bundles?
- How did you do your retrofitting for peoplecode, sql, etc?
- How did you migrate from legacy?
- How do you denote null in DB2?
- What is left join, right join? (learn all joins)?
- Diff between oracle and sql server 2000?
- Do you know dts in SQLSERVER 2000?
- How do you execute a SP from SQR or AE?
- What is app messaging, where did you use?
- what is component interface, where did you use?
- A Simple Query involving Professor, Asst Professor and to find if both can be available before and at a mentioned date.?
- DDDAudit what is it?
- In the URL identify Portal and Component name?
- What are the topics covered in People Books? (Bad options)?
- Connect id?
- Where do u maintain hierarchies & Create access groupsTree Manager?
- Where do I find the doc /// in customer connection---freequently updated . thing like patches?
- Customer Connection?
- Fit gap analysis --- implementation and upgrade?
- Leave went into LOP(scenarios based fit gap)Requirement phase?
- The field property is changed from Prompt with no edit to Prompt with edit wht is the effect.No more data edit possible?
- Where do one see the status of the process requested to be executedProcess monitor?
- Upgrade Assistant Scenario?
- SQL injection what is it?
- Question on Connect Id, Shared Key used to connect to the DB?
- Regarding One to Many Relationship?
- Simple Select Statement and Find the Results?
- Regarding UPGCONVERT Project used?
- Optimizer values passed in Oracle?
- Question relating to purpose of State Record?
- Which one of the following is true about PIA?
- Given a SQL Statement, we have been asked to check the right syntax ..?
- Explain with an example, where you used peoplecode extensively?
- Tell me about component Buffer?
- What is the diff b/w component level peoplecode and record level peoplecode?
- If there is same Component X in two different menus, menu1 and menu2 and if u want to assign a different search record for each menu, then which peoplecode function do u use and where do u write the code?
- Tell me few peoplecode functions you worked with?
- Where can you write the peoplecode?
DEVFYI - Developer Resource - FYI
Click here to get Interview's Topic Index